We collect your personal information in order to:
- communicate with you and allow you to book movie sessions online.
The types of Personal Information we collect depend on what services you use. It may include:
- identifying information, such as your name
- contact information, such as your postal address, email address and telephone numbers;
- billing and financial information, such as credit card, bank account or other payment details;
- records of our communications with you, including any messages or enquiries you send us (either through the website or through other means);
- information about how you access and use our websites or mobile applications, such as your IP address and internet service provider, the web page you visit us from, web browser, navigation patterns on our websites, device identity and location, operating system, or device configuration; and
- additional information, including your image, collected via Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) systems used in our theatres.
We collect Personal Information about you:
- when you purchase products or services from us at one of our venues or through our website
- when you sign up to become a member of one of our loyalty programs;
- when you submit feedback, a query or request to us;
- when you participate in a promotion, competition, or survey that we run;
- when you fill in forms on our website
- when you sign-up to receive our emails, newsletters, information about our special offers
- by tracking your use of our websites or mobile applications;
- through our CCTV systems at our cinema
Besides our staff, we share this information with:
- Windcave in order to facilitate payments through our website.
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter your name, phone number and payment details, we'll be unable to reserve and sell tickets to movies online.
We may collect information and data when you visit our website using cookies, tags, pixels and other similar technologies (Cookie Information). Cookie Information includes pieces of information that a website can transfer to an individual’s computer hard drive for record keeping, such as the IP address of a user’s computer, the URL of a page visited and the time the page was visited by the user. The collection and use of Cookie Information is an industry standard and many websites collect this information. Cookie Information is useful for facilitating a user’s access to and use of a website. It allows us to track usage patterns and compile data that can help us improve our services. Cookie Information is useful to advertisers because it helps them understand their advertising audience, and to deliver advertising.
The settings of most web browsers can be modified to prevent the collection of Cookie Information. You can also delete Cookie Information from your device. Most mobile devices operating common operating systems such as Android or iOS record a unique advertising identifier. This identifier may be part of the Cookie Information we collect, and can be reset in the device settings.
We generally store the Personal Information that we collect in electronic databases, some of which may be held on our behalf by third party data storage providers. We may also, at times, keep hard copy records of Personal Information in physical storage facilities.
We may make changes to this policy from time to time, to take into account changes to our standard practices and procedures or where necessary to comply with new laws and regulations. The latest version of this policy will always be available on our website.
We try to meet the highest standards in order to protect your privacy. However, if you are concerned about the way in which we are managing your Personal Information and think we may have breached the Australian Privacy Principles, the Information Privacy Principles (NZ), or any other relevant obligation, please contact us using the contact details set out below. Complaints must be lodged in writing. We will deal with the matter within a reasonable time, and will keep you informed of the progress of our investigation. If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time or if you feel that your complaint has not been resolved satisfactorily, you can contact us to discuss your concerns. In respect of Personal Information we collect you are also entitled to make a complaint to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner (OPC). Contact details can be found at the OPC website: .
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.